View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by wizard
While we're talking about Coach K, how many NCAA Div. I coaches get away with having their assistants talk to the sideline reporter right before the 2nd half begins?

Only one that I know of.
Chris "Mad Dog" Russo made a big deal about this on the FAN, too. But frankly, I think it's a non-issue. First of all, I don't think they're required by contract to do those stupid halftime interviews. And second of all, they're really stupid interviews. Does anyone actually want to hear the same platitudes from every coach during every halftime?

Sideline "reporter": Coach, your team shot 0.66% in the first half, you were out-rebounded 48-1, yet your only down by 62 points. What will your squad have to do to pull this one out?

Coach: Well, Barbie, that's why we play two halves, right? I mean, we feel we're right in this thing and if we can force a couple turnovers with our press and just hit our mid-range jumpers, we'll be in great position at the end of this game.

Barbie: Well, good luck, Coach, and thanks for --

Coach: Aw, heck. Who am I kidding, right? We need their whole squad to come down with the black plague in the next 15 minutes or so, or else we're screwed.

Barbie: Fair enough. Thanks, Coach. Back to you, Kenny.