View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

why do we as officials go so defensive?

It's not Watergate. I will go out on a limb and say that someone is telling that officials today that he probably should ahve held his whistle. Heck, he was probably sayng the saem hing last night in the locker room. It was an ugly end to a great game. We can go round and round about making hat call with 15 minutes to go or in the first half, but when have you ever seen such a call in such a big game. A few bodies banging over a loose ball as time expires happens all the time. If I make that call and I hear the buzzer as I am sounding my whistle I waive it off and we go overtime. That game deserved overtime for everything that is great about the game. If it is a foul that changes the complexion of the play call it. If the players was foulded on the layup that she missed call it, but not the call that was made.

Advantage/disadvantage.

I will stick by my guns and say it was the wrong call at the wrong time and ruined what was otherwise a great game. I normally don't watch the woman much, but I was glued to my TV set and then to have that happen was awful.

By the wasy I didn't care who won as I said I don't watch the woman much, but