View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 12, 2001, 01:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
I can see suspension for serious errors at that level of play, but rest of season for one bad game? Seems a little extreme to me. Just got done reading Feinstein's book on ACC basketball, and he goes over the refereeing problems they had one season. The head of officials apologized at least three times in a two-week period for crucial mistakes, and for the same crew/person more than once. All were end of game mistakes that changed the outcome. I don't think anyone was suspended (and certainly not for season!)
This is not unusual Hawk. Usually mistakes that happen at the end of games or are preceived to affect the outcome, suspensions for the rest of the season is very customary. College is big business, and mistakes are taken very seriously, which they should be.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
And you want to know why veteran officials keep saying. Put your day job ahead of officiating. Now these guys won't have any more games this year and no playoff games. They also say it is the ugly game that will make or break you. If you make the call right, then you move up, if not then you move out.

Tim, I would not be sure that these officials do some other conferences. Just because they are suspended in one, does not necessarily mean that it affects them in another. But I do know that Charles Range from the Texas A&M--Texas Tech game last year might be what is customary. I just do not know enough to be sure.