Thread: Pedometer?
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 20, 2004, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FHSUref

That stinks. I was going to try it out and then possibly propose a research project (thesis) on the possible benefits of officiating and aerobic/anaerobic activity in males 35-40 years old.

I may still try it. I will keep you all informed. Heck, they may not even think it is a worthy research project.

I dunno - that (or some version, perhaps sans pedometer) seems like a pretty darn good research topic to me.

I definately need to lose some weight, and obviously reffing helps. However, basketball is often something along the lines of: sprint to new lead, stop, walk across the lane, call a foul, stop, jog to the table, jog to C, stand for a minute to watch free throws, run down to new C, stop . . . it's not the very model of a modern aerobic exercise.

I'd be interested in seeing if reffing is, indeed, an aerobic activity (wireless pulse monitors, perhaps) and, if not, how much of an impact on health does it have.