View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 10, 2001, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Wu
I have two questions. I was doing a rec. game and a player had a pair of shorts with a zipper on them? What do you do?
Do you make him leave and change? To me that seems a bit dangerous for him to have an exposed zipper.
How exposed can a zipper be? This is a rec game. Are you really going to not let the kid play? Leave the zipper alone. It would seem obvious that his family probably can afford to spend money on basketball shorts. Let it be.

Quote:
Second, a coach comes to my partner and me before tha game and says that he has this play where his players line up at the opposite end of the floor at the start of the second half. If his team is in bounding, he just passes it in and gets an easy basket. He did the play today and before I gave his team the ball I pointed the direction that we were going. What do you do when a coach comes over to you and tells you that before the game? What should I say or do? Obviously his play is deceptive and telling us is like asking us not to say anything about it, so he can gain an advantage. How do you handle this?
Your partner should be at lead on the proper end of the floor. I would point and yell loudly which way we are going. I would do this whether I knew about the play or not.I wouldn't allow the coach to make me party to his deception.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith