View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 06:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BBall_Junkie
Good argument Jrut. Let's just change the argument completely to try to justify the original position. Genious. Pure Genious.

What does this have anything to do with rebutting any of the facts that Hawkscoach or Bktballref have put forward relative to strength of the ACC conf v. Big 10 in BASKETBALL. And before you go off half cocked (you have already in this thread by erroneously stating that Duke did not win a NC with Shane Battier and Jayson Williams), I live in the heart of Big 12 country not ACC country.
I did not say anything about this being about the Big Ten. I only use the Big Ten as an example of ranking. The Big Ten deserved 3 and got 3. You could make an argument that Michigan could have gotten a knod, but if they were in the ACC no one would bat an eye. And I did not say that Shane Battie did not ever win a National Championship. But they did not win the following year and got beat by a middle of the road Indiana team the following year. And Jayson Williams was on that team if I am not mistaken. If you use Tony's logic, that team should have never made the NCAA tournament and only did so by getting to the Big Ten Tournament Championship game, which they lost that year. Maryland this year was on the bubble. They were only a lock by winning the ACC tournament, then they get a #4 seed. Duke is ranked lower than OSU, and they get an #1 seed. Illinois lost their tournament and got a #5 seed. I would have at least thought Wisconsin would get similar consideration on the seeding. But Maryland was out without that win, why the better seeding. The ACC always gets this consideration and it is funny to me. One team cannot dominate a conference and you call the rest of the conference the best. I do not hear anyone talking about how strong the Pac-10 was when UCLA was dominating. I guess Bob Huggins is a great coach because he got to the Final Four a couple of times. Because that was the crap we heard about Dean Smith for years, when he only had one title in his trophy case. Bobby Knight won 3 in a lesser time and did not need the amount of wins to get to that point, all in the Big Ten.

And I do not care what Tony says, he works in a sub-par state of HS talent. So who cares what he says.

Peace