View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 04:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Tony,

You can call the Big Ten the little Ten all you want to. But win a NC in anything besides basketball. I guess if you want to call Women's soccer a sport you can. But have some credibility in other sports. All those sports are horrible in other sports. Michigan, Michigan St, Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa and even Illinois have had success in both football and basketball. You have to add schools just to get good in football. And let us not include hockey and other sports in this conversation. Or even Women's sports as well. And let us not talk academics. Let not even compare the Big Ten schools and ACC schools the the type of players that go to both conference institutions. Maryland cannot even go to Northern Illinois and win a football game. All you have is FSU (which I am a fan btw) and they have dominated the conference for so long, just like Duke dominates the conference in basketball. And guess what, they do not claim FSU as being in a strong conference in football either? Again, the ACC is over-rated and should be looked in the same manner the football side is when it comes to success. Because FSU has more than one NC game in the last 10 years and no one calls the ACC a powerhouse. And Miami that just joined the league is not was not considered to be in a powerhouse conference either with the Big East either. But for the Big Ten, just like every year there is a darkhorse that comes up makes noise in the conference. I cannot ever remember even in the bad times of Michigan basketball a team falling to the bottom like Duke and North Carolina. Most of the ACC have not seen a bowl game in 10 years. And when they win a bowl game, it is the first time in 20 years that ever happen. And the ACC is mostly in the south, I thought football was the Meca of the country in that sport?

Little Ten my a$$!!!!

Peace