View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 10, 2001, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

Two T's = Ejection

Quote:
Originally posted by MattRef
I had a situation arise in which I have a question about. I was reffing a frshamn boys game about a week ago and here's what happened:
I charged a player in the third period with a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct. He was getting very lippy and wouldn't control himself, so I helped him. In the fourth quarter, I called an intentional foul on him for grabbing an opposing players jersey in an attempt to stop him from driving on him. With that, the player came walking up quickly to me, protesting the call. With that, I T'd him up the second time. The scorer's table informed me that the intentional foul was his fifth, and thus disqualified. When I T'd him up, I did not know that and had not informed him nor his coach of that. Once, I knew, he was promptly replaced and there was no further incident. I received a letter from my state associatin saying I had not reported an ejection, then they gave me the name and school of that same player that I had T'd up. Correct me if I am wrong, but there was nothing done worth an ejection. I never ejected him, nor did my partner, a veteran of many years. Help me out with this. I really want to understand if I have messed up. Thanks!
Matt
Matt,

NatFed rules state that two technical fouls on any player is an automatic ejection from the game so to answer your question, YES, the player did do something to warrant being ejected. It did not matter that he had commited his fifth foul. I live in Illinois and we are REQUIRED by our State Association to report ALL ejections. A disqualified player (or any player on the bench) can still be ejected.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!