View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

jrutledge
What in my quote leads you to beleive Michigan earned a spot? That makes no sense from any line of reasoning I have used here. I am a UM alum, Bo is God and Woody is Satan, but UM is not, repeat NOT, an NCAA tournament caliber team (maybe cause a Duke alum coaches them ).

UM played 8 (by my quick count) games against NCAA tournament teams, going 2-6. They went 2-1 against the NIT Big Ten teams, so maybe they have a chance in the losers bracket tournament.

I am merely saying that I thought that OSU and Duke were a close call, could go either way depedning on how you slice up the seaon and what factors you value most, but I lean toward OSU.

As for last 10 games, yes they do count. Please show me any team other than Duke who played nothing but post-season teams for their last 10 games, and we can start comparing records. Oh that's right, Maryland came close - 8 of their last 10 were against legitimate NCAA teams, 1 was against an NIT team. Oh, and they won 5 straight against postseason teams.

And by the way, UM was 5-5 and had only 2 games against NCAA tournament teams during that stretch, both losses, and were 1-3 vs all postseason teams. See the difference?