Thread: New Ref-Thanks
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2004, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Congratulations! Here's your final exam based what you should have learned here. Take all the time you want

1. A real estate developer petitions the city for a design variance on a shopping mall he is building. Under what circumstances might the structural engineer implement that variance?

2. What major player move was made over the off season that all but guarantees the Yankees will once again finish ahead of the Red Sox?

3. Two part question:
- What's the password for our group's ESPN bracket contest?
- Will Tony's picks finally keep him in the running into the second round this year?

4. You're at trail and the coach starts talking to you. He says "quite a game we got here, eh?" You say

a. "Sit down and shutup"
b. "I dunno coach, it wasn't in my area"
c. "Yep, sure is"
d. "Uhhhmmmmm....."
e. Nothing and puke on his shoes

5. You're working a hotly contested 3rd grade girls between the areas 2 best teams. A1, A2 & A3 form a wedge for A4 who drives to the basket. As A4 picks up the ball she shuffles her feet. Do you call the travel?

6. Later in that same game A4 tells you you suck. Your first instinct is to T her up, but you already have 18 T's for the season and you don't want to be seen as a hot head. What do you do?

7. Later in that same game A1 puts up a 3 which goes in. You signal the 3 points but your partner blows his whistle, points at the line & raises 2 fingers. You:

a. Blow your whistle, give him 1 finger and tell the table it's 3 points.
b. Do nothing, later spend 5 minutes in the locker room during half time screaming "AND WHO THE HELL WAS WATCHING YOUR AREA WHILE YOU WERE WATCHING MINE??????!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE ELBOWS A1 AND B1 WERE THROWING EACHOTHER IN YOUR AREA?????!!!!!! I KNOW YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT!!!!! STOP WATCHING THE BALL AND LEARN TO TRUST YOUR PARTNER!!!! WHEN I WANT YOUR HELP I'LL ASK FOR IT!!!! STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY AREA!!!!!!!!"
c. Do nothing, thank him later
d. Puke on his shoes

8. Later in that same game team A is up by 40 to start the 4th qtr. They have their starters in and continue to press. You:

a. Call a foul everytime coach A breathes
b. Call a foul everytime coach B breathes
c. Call a foul everytime A1's mom (who's wearing that pleasantly snug sweater and could be Charlize Theron's younger sister) breathes
d. Call the game and wander off to strike up a conversation with A1's mom.

9. How many halves in a game of basketball?

a. 3
b. 4
c. I dunno coach, it wasn't in my area
d. uhhhmmmmmmm.....
e. none of the above

10. What is a Turdus Migratorius?