View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2004, 06:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
I am a member of CBOA (assuming you mean Cardinal Basketball Officials Association), and to the best of my knowledge, we don't do any games in DC/MD. I think it has to do with being "sanctioned"(?) by the Virginia High School League (VHSL), and they obviously have no input to anything in MD. CBOA is somehow affiliated with one of the local IAABO boards for tax exempt purposes -- don't know the details.

Mark: You can send me several $100.00 bills anyway, and I don't even care if the serial numbers are sequential.

RecRef: You by any chance have any other info regarding this tournament?
dblref - Found out more since my last post. I work in the same office as Bill T, Cardinal’s interpreter for those who don’t know, and he knows nothing about it. He said that he would find it strange that anyone would officially be there since the Virginia State Finals are this Saturday in Richmond. Maybe someone is freelancing.

Besides Cardinal, there is also Central, and Colonial associations in VA so CBOA could be one of them.
RecRef: I had forgotten about the Central & Colonial. In fact, 2 teams from the Central group worked the doubleheader at Robinson this past weekend.

Ask Bill T. if he is still the "leader" in issuing T's this year. Ran into he and his wife in a furniture store in Manassas on MLK holiday and he "confessed". I was surprised, thought it would have been Chris V.