View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 11, 2004, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

19 a career total

mnref14, I believe you that expect to have a short career as an official, or you do not have the stones to take care of business when the situation arises. What you are really saying is that you never miss a call, the players and coaches always agree with you, the coach never leaves the box, the coach never goes sideways, an assistant coach never pops off about you missing a rebound foul. So I will congratulate you on working the NCAA Championship game this year, oh wait, those guys have definitely T'd up more than 19 coaches in their careers.

I work HS (8 yrs)and college ball (5 yrs). This year, I T'd up 4 coaches in roughly 50 games and there are others that I should've, as Rockyroad can attest. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I have averaged 3 T's on coaches since I started, that is 25 T's over roughly 400 games. I assure you there should've been more, which only exaserbated some situations.

T's are about crossing the line of sportsmanship and where I believe that line is. Your line must be alot different than most of the forum members and definitely Ref18's. What you are communicating to coaches and players is where your line starts, once they understand this about you, they will know when a T is deserved. Your slug line is: big time ref's make big time calls in big time situations. Welcome to the big time!

If you and I are on a crew, I can tell you that it makes me uncomfortable knowing that you might let something go rather than addressing it. I truly doubt that you would have your crews' back, maybe a knife instead.

Whew! it sure is hot in here.

[Edited by icallfouls on Mar 11th, 2004 at 01:39 PM]