View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wyoref

There are coaches that you know if they complain or say something then theres probably a problem. I respect those coaches and usually tend to listen to them, but this idiot complained about every single call.
I agree. Crying wolf eventually leads to being ignored. A coach that is quiet all but once or twice a game will ensure that he is heard.

Quote:
Originally posted by wyoref
He even approached my crewchief and said his girls overheard me telling the other team(my old high school)to beat his team. What I really said was "good luck in your game against the other team."
Why would you do this? If I'm going to say good luck to anyone I say it to both. For that matter, I don't like saying good luck...that leaves room for the come back "Are we going to needed it?" Instead, I say play hard and have fun.

Also, if it's your alma matter, why are you even working their games? If that is acceptable in your area due to a lack of officials, etc., why are you talking with the team? I'm sure that was another regional matchup that didn't involve your alma matter. If for some reason I did work my school, I'd make absolutely sure I didn't create an opportunity for anyone to misinterpret my fairness and neutrality.