View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 09:33am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mnref14

I have never seen a game helped along by an official putting a ball down after a timeout. I can't imagine any coach saying after a game, thanks for putting the ball down after the TO - it made the game go a lot better. Officials too often are trying to teach somebody a lesson with this mechanic. I defy you to watch the NCAA Tournament this year and see this happen, you just won't. Why? Because great officials get those teams out of huddles by communicating.
Actually, you will not see it happen, because at the NCAA level, they do not have the same rule. You cannot do this under NCAA Rules or NBA Rules as well. They have delay penalties and Ts that are possible if this becomes a problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by mnref14
Yea, I know, that one is going to get me in trouble. I just think a lot of us are too quick to become adversarial with coaches, and it is just not necessary. If you find yourself T'ing coaches left and right, the problem may be you. Just a little March Madness for you all, don't hate me!!! And no, I don't spank my kids very often either!!! Good Play-offs to all.
And I do not have kids. But I think the reason these kids do as much as they do, is because no one is beating their behinds anymore. And timeout does not work. Because when I as an official try to communicate with these bad a$$ kids, they talk back and try to challenge your authority. If parents would teach their kids to respect authority and stop trying to be their friends and equals, we might not have the same problems today. I cannot imagine have a child that has a stockpile of guns and I as a parent not know about it. But when you allow them to have locks on their doors and a TV in their room with complete privacy, what do you expect?

Sorry but I had to comment on that last thing.

Peace