View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 02, 2004, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

I have some ideas AndOne.

I too am in a state that encourages regular partners. You may want to attend some local camps that will have an attendance of varsity officials. Talk with the ones that you respect and see who they know that might be looking for a partner. Then when you have uncovered a potential partner, directly or indirectly, approach him. You will want to be somewhat non-committal here. Let him know that you are looking for a partner with similar or complimenting philosophies.

I would advise that you be non-committal here to allow each of you a diplomatic escape if this is not right for either of you. A proposal might be that you work together some summer league stuff a couple of times to see how you work together. Talk about your games the way you might in a varsity contest. See how he responds. If there is a potential good match up here, go for it.

You may also look for someone that compliments you by choosing a partner that is linked to notable people in your association that you may not be. You may be linked to others that would make you an attractive candidate to him.

No matter what you do, get a new partner. Good Luck.