View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 07, 2001, 09:52pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Here's a story of a player that just doesn't get it. Maybe a little knowledge is dangerous.

I'm reffing a JV/V double header on Monday and in the V game, (one of) the point guard(s) of the visiting team, in the first half, has his pocket picked and the other team goes in for the easy 2 pts. I was L (T on the turnover), and hustle up and get as far as half, where this point guard is. He says that he was hacked and that I "...gotta make that call - it's your call...", and "...that's your call, I know because I ref too." The ball was clearly in the T's area (above the 3 point line), and I was watching the post players, who were quite big and pushy. I nearly pooped my pants when he said that.

Today I get his school again, but at home. He's a sub at about 2:00 left in the first quarter. I noticed that he has tape on his ear that was on during the warmup. (In our pre-game captains' conference, it was mentioned that you cannot play with jewelry.) So I tell him that he cannot play with an earring in, taped or not. He says that he can, and that he can't take it out. I told him that I'm sorry, but you cannot play with it in. He says that he played with it in before. I said nope. Then the coach wants to talk to me during a TO and wants an explanation. I tell him and thinks that I'm wrong. No prob, though. Then at half time, the kid comes up to me again, and wants another explanation.

What a dumb person!

..Mike