View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2004, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Exactly. So, why pay the additional money. I guess I should preface my following remarks with a statement that this was our association's experience and conversations we had with other associations' leaders.

All we could see out of IAABO was that it created another layer that frustrated the leadership of the associations. For example: Tests came down from IAABO, never in a timely manner. Then, they disagreed on who would grade, who would pay. IAABO only requires you to pass a test but Georgia wanted their officials to be tested every year. It was like pulling teeth to get rules books. Their registration period was months off our registration period making enrollment a nightmare. Insurance levels and costs were never clearly communicated. Was that all their fault? I doubt it, but before they came those problems did not exist. Again, these were problems that the leadership dealt with. The average official saw his dues more than double with really no increase in training by IAABO. It had to be equally frustrating for IAABO but losing 1700 members was not something they wanted to happen.

Bottom line is that IAABO claims to be training experts but all we saw from them were questions to us on what we needed. In defense of IAABO, people here probably expected more out of them than they normally provide.