View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2004, 07:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: I guess.

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust

Nothing says they "cannot". Perhaps "shouldn't" is more approriate. Yes, the mechanics are different, but if you are counting 5, they're not going to run on the floor and tie your arm to your waist to prevent it. If the lead does signal a 3 point shot or calls 5 seconds, then, it's a 3-pointer or a 5 second violation unless I see something different.
You are right. There is no one holding a gun to anyone's head if they count as the lead. But I know many assignors that might not hire you or might limit your schedule if you do such a thing. Just like there is nothing holding you back from signaling a 3 point shot in a 3 Person HS game as well. But you might just suffer some consequences. And if you do that in games I do or with people that I am used to work with, you would be the only one doing it. Because even the D1 Women's officials that I have worked with this year, did not do that in a HS game that I worked.

So it comes back to the thing I always say, it is a free country, but if you want to be respected or get opportunities at the HS level, do not bring those college mechanics to that level. Of course there are some things that are acceptable (before this year it was the kick signal), but this is not one of them.

Peace