View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2004, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
True, if long, sitch from very recent game:

I'm L, ball's in T's area. A1 passes into my area but it misses everything (so I thought) & goes OOB. As I point down court my partner comes to me and tells me about the tip...OK...since I was watching my own particular 5 sq ft of the court like a hawk I missed it. I nod, give the little tip signal (ACK!!!! unauthorized mechanic!!!) tweet & point the other way. Now because of a recent thread here I'm wondering "why the hell was he ball watching? who was watching HIS primary while he was watching the ball? who would have seen the elbow the passer gave the defender because he was not minding his own damn business???!!!" And apparently half the crowd agrees - "HEY REF!!! THAT AINT HIS CALL, IT'S YOUR CALL!!!! YOU CAN'T LET HIM TAKE THAT CALL FROM YOU!!!! YOU GOTTA STAY WITH YOUR OWN CALL!!!!!" Now because my partner could not mind his own business and stay in his primary I am getting chewed out by a bunch of fans, fans who apparently agree with some who post here. And at the very next dead ball I went to my partner & told him exactly what I thought of his sticking HIS nose into MY area about a call I made on MY line -

"Thanks pard, we looked good, we got it right and you saved my @ss. I owe ya one."