View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 06, 2001, 07:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hoopsrefBC
Correct me please if i wrong, but..
Okay, you're wrong!

Quote:
The throw-in doesn't have to be completed onto the court, just the opportunity must be given to complete the throw-in. What i mean by this is that a player who team has been given the ball via the alternating possession rule must be given an opportunity to complete the throw.

If the thrower-in committs a violation or the throwing in team committs a foul before the throw-in has been committed, they will lose the ball and the right to the next possession.(swith the arrow). If the defensive team committs a foul before the throw-in is completed, i would not change the arrow, because the offensive team is getting the ball as a result of a foul.(the offensive team wasn't given an opportunity to complete the throw-in resulting from the jump ball, there for will get the ball and the next possession via AP) Am i correct or do i have it wrong?
The throw-in must be completed for the arrow to change unless there is a violation by A. If either team fouls prior to the throw-in being completed, the arrow doesn't change.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith