View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2004, 10:16pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
V32 and H22 were the original two participants, weren't they? Call that a fight with a double flagrant personal foul, disqualify both of them, but no FT's are handed out(see first sentence of RULING in case book play 10.4.4SitA).
[/B]
We ended up ruling that H22's reaction was late enough to call it a dead ball foul. However, looking back, I could see going your route would have made it simpler.
[/B][/QUOTE]Your other option would have been to call the original foul by V32 a flagrant technical foul instead of a flagrant personal foul. You can do that under Rule 10-3-9, even though the ball was live when V32 started the fight. H22 responded to V32, so his flagrant technical foul was part of the same action/fight- i.e. you still end up having a double technical foul, made up of 2 flagrant T's(R4-19-7b + NOTE), followed by the false double foul comprised of two different flagrant T's.

Still make sense? [/B][/QUOTE]

Very much so. I hope I never have to deal with this again, but I don't want to get caught with my pants down again. I still need to see the tape, though. I can't help but think there's something I could have done to prevent it all in the first place.