View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 15, 2004, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Had a sitch this morning where I thought of the wording, "These kids have enough to deal with." 6th grade boys rec ball. Each team is a mixture of very talented with, uh, let's say, less experienced. Every kid must, by league rule, play at least one half. Before the game started, I told one player that he needed to take off his white T-shirt (being worn under a dark green jersey).
Why make him take off the T-shirt? That is unless his league has specific rules on dress.
It IS the rule in this league, and it is emphasized quite heavily. It helps the kids, as Bart says, and it also helps the refs differentiate the teams. All the coaches know the rule, and the other six kids I had talked to that day didnt have any problem with it. If they are going to wear a T under their jersey, they carry one of each color (all the teams in this league are green and white) and just wear which ever. We don't pick nits at this level, and try to let the kids play, but this one rule and a couple of others are particularly important to the baord, so we try to stick to it.