View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by WinterWillie
Two person lead-If you were to rotate to the strong side as lead (which you should not do very often),
Just curious Willie, but why do you say this? If there are two players banging on the opposite block, don't you want to get over there and get a good angle on it? Why limit yourself by being worried about "how often" you go? JMO, obviously, but if you need to be there, you oughta just go.

Quote:
your primary area (the v field of vision) will be looking back over the paint that you just crossed. Always be on one side or the other of the paint-never directly on the paint under the basket.

I agree that we don't want to be stuck in the paint, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about moving through the paint -- quickly -- to get a better view on the other side. I don't have a problem doing this in my 3-whistle games; it's not any harder in 2-whistle.

Quote:
You should not worry about getting beat.
Not sure about this. I worry about it, b/c I know that my best look is from in front of the play, not behind it. If I get beat once, I can live with it, but I don't like it. If I'm getting beat consistently, then either a) I'm doing something wrong or b) I should not be doing a game at that level anymore.