View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
I've seen this exact play in games several times. It usually occurs in a situation something like this: Team A scores with 4-5 seconds to go to either tie the game, or go up a point or two. Team B calls timeout to set up a play. After the TO, B1, throwing the ball in, rolls the ball up the court to save a coupla seconds on the clock. If the rolled ball on the throw-in touches the floor OOB, it is a violation by rule, is it not? Same as if the player bounce-passed the throw-in into a teammate, and the bounce-pass hit OOB?
I serioulsy doubt if I'm looking for this -- there are other, more important things to look for on this play -- is the clock still stopped, is the defense going to challenge the person picking up the ball,

[
Quote:
Now if you don't call the violation, Ren, and B goes down the floor to win the game at the buzzer, who do really think won that game for team B? You, Ren- that's who! You screwed team A completely by ignoring the violation, and thus handing team B that undeserved advantage.
Now you're sounding like a bitter (and wrong) coach.