View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 02:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BOBBYMO
J-Rut,

I am going to dissagree with you also. When is it acceptable to have a whistle with no contact at all? (I am assuming that you are talking about on a foul).
Nothing wrong with disagrement, that is why we are hear to some extent. But of course we are talking about fouls. But there are some situations in Boy's games where thinks jump out at you, and if you are used to doing Girl's games, you might miss it.

Quote:
I believe that you should always anticipate the play; but you should never anticipate a foul or violation.
Of course. But when you go back and forth working at totally different speeds of a game, that can be harder to achieve. It is not different than doing JH games then jumping to a varsity game. You see things at the varsity level you do not see at the JH level. And if you are not used to the varsity level, you might blow the whistle without taking your time. And I think when you go back and forth between genders, it is easier to get in a habit to start anticipate the calls.

Quote:
No matter what type ( boy's or Girl's) game you are working amd no matter what level the game is I believe that one needs to see the whole play and never anticiapate a foul, violation or any other type of whistle.
I agree, but in my experience the officials that work a lot of girl's games tend to call the ticky tack stuff more often in the Boy's games, then the officials that refrain from Girl's games all together. Now this is just an observation and it is one that many at least where I live agree with. But then again, it might be because I live in an area that it is not widely accepted to do both.

Peace