View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 09:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
[/B]
But to get back to the primary reason for this particular post and that is: I NEVER guessed about the interpretation of handling the original play because I knew that the Rules Committee had already issued a casebook play, I was just lazy in not looking it up. And with that in mind I think you owe my a public apology for making such a statement.

[/B][/QUOTE]Mark, I skimmed over your post until I got here, because it was the same old/same old. Have to tell you that I broke out laughing when I read the above, though.

The Rules Committee removed the case book play that you are trying to base your argument on many, many years ago. Since that time, there was NO penalty in the book for a simultaneous personal foul. The NFHS Rules Committee recognized that before the 2002-03 season, and took care of the problem. They referred to that in the cite that I quoted above from the Case Book of that year. That kinda backs up my argument, doesn't it? Now please tell me what rules language in the last 15 years you can cite that will will back up your assertation. All you have posted so far is your opinion. Unfortunately, your opinion doesn't seem to match the opinion of the NFHS.

Until you post some rules language that will back you up, I think that I'm through arguing this one. Your fanciful statements, without the backing of any written rules that will back them up, do not make for a very compelling argument on your part.