View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 08:43am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Yes, it has, no matter how much BS you post here.

Good night.

Your most recent post in this thread is a perfect example of the type of posts that do nothing to further intelligent discussion of the play.

But what I find more disturbing about the play that we discussed two years ago is that there was a casebook play that addressed it directly and it now appears that the NFHS Rules Committee did not research its own archives to see if there was a casebook play that covered the situation before making a rule change.

I admit to laziness in not going through my files two years ago to defend my position. We live in a three bedroom ranch, and I just did not feel like climbing up into the attic to go through my files because I was confident that my rules interpretation was correct (and it was and I just broke my arm patting myself on my back) because in the back of my mind I remembered reading such a casebook play.

The fact remains, that the Rules Committee has always held that position that simultaneous fouls (personal or techncial) are a false double foul, and that the penalty has been changed since the 2002-03 season.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio