View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 08, 2004, 09:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Re: As a general guideline...

Quote:
Originally posted by One-Whistle
If there is anything "unusual" (the original situation qualifies) you should whistle the play dead and re-administer the FT. Failure to do so opens you to unnecessary challenges by the coach.

Bottom Line: Little to gain, by not re-administering the FT; Lots of grief to deal with if you do not.
This is not different than any other time in the game. If the horn is blown, you just do not stop play because the horn went off. If everyone continued to play, no need to hold things up. And grief is not the major issue for me. If the home timer is doing it to their own player, I do not have as much simpathy for that horn. But a coach that knows their rules (and that might be very rare of course ) knows that this does not "automatically" stop the game, then they might give your grief either way. So if grief is your issue, you are not going to automatically avoid it on this case. But if they blew the horn and it was clearly not for a substitution, I would stop play and go to the table to find out what is up.

Peace