View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
This actually happened to me in a relatively fast-paced girls game last week. B1 just can't stop her momentum and knocks down A1. A is in the bonus (so I file A1's number away, since she's my shooter) and go report the foul. After the FTs, there's a TO and Coach B says to me very professionally, "Chuck, I think you got the foul wrong on that last one. It should've been on #14."

I check my memory, and I can't remember! So I say, "Sorry, Coach, I honestly don't remember. We're gonna have to stick with what I reported." She says ok.

After I talk to her, I go to the table and both scorers and the timer tell me I reported the number of the shooter and that the foul was obviously on #14. So at the end of the TO, I got both coaches together, told 'em I screwed it up and that we're gonna fix it.

I told both books to switch the foul to #14 and that was it. I was glad that the table was unanimous, though. I wouldn't have changed it on the visiting scorer's word alone.