Thread: Bad Partner
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

The game was a girl's JV game.

As for my fishing in his primary, I was trail and the action was in the paint on my side of the floor, down near the blocks.

As for my not liking it, I have no problem with the comments. As I stated, I'm a 2nd year ref doing my best to learn. I realize that some of my partners will be good, and some will not. I try to be a "good" partner for whomever I work with, but am sure that some think I am in the "not" category.

As an aside, this is the 2nd time I've worked with this person and the 2nd time he arrived for the game after the scheduled start. It is the 2nd time he has made virtually no calls. Could I be the problem for him? I don't think so, but it's possible. In fact that's the reason for the thread. How do I approach an assignor with my concerns as a 2nd year official. Certainly I am not God's gift to officiating, and perhaps have no business commenting on anyone else's work. I don't want to offend anyone, nor do I wish to come off as being arrogant. Mostly I want the assignor to know what kind of official he is, not to get rid of him, but to work with him. At the same time I'd like to avoid working with him because I don't feel that he helps me to become a better official.

Grail