View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 12:21pm
Huck Finn

I started this thread because of another thread. I don't believe in consoling a coach and to me if my partner Ts a coach he can explain it if he sees fit. Other than that I can tell the coach he must remain seated quickly enough and at a reasonable distant so that it does not appear that I feel sorry for him, want to console him or anything of the like. The same thing would apply if a player received a T. We have so much of this "ref what did he do" and in my mind I'm thinking "what did I report? Blue 21 unsportsmanlike conduct. So does he want me to walk over there and tell him 'blue 21 displayed unsportsmanlike conduct." See that is the smart elect in me but I've had a coach aske me what one of his players did just so he could tell me that his player didn't do it. Now what is us going back and forth going to prove? Does he think I'm going to take it back? I just don't think it is right to be over there in a conversation with a coach after your partner issued a T.
The "poster" in the other thread also said and I quote "Only bad things happen when the ball is dead." What a crock. A good official uses dead ball situations to help the game and cause good things to happen. It isn't right to put this kind of information out there when there are new guys reading it and think it is the gospel because the "poster" is a mode..........oops, almost gave that away!