View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2004, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BBallCoach
I thought this would be an interesting question to ask since I read a lot about how some coaches, fans and players don't respect officals. Why do memembers of this board feel this is? Or do some feel they get the respect they deserve and I am wrong in asking this question? Look forward to hearing your feedback on this topic.

Everyone's favorite

BBallCoach
What part of that post shows that he is looking for a fight? Looks to me like he came in here to ask an honest question and get a discussion going. He even asked you guys if it was an alright question to ask.

The first post he gets in reply basically attacks him:

ref18: BBallCoach, i'd like to see you put on the stripes and do a game, so you can see how difficult it is to officiate instead of b*tching about how we officiate games.

Where in that post was he b*tching about calls?

Now I agree that after that he said some pretty stupid things, but i don't think it would have digressed to this point if his question would have been answered thoughtfully. Maybe it would have. I don't know BBallCoach so I can't make that assumption. You say that we shouldn't lump all referees together, then don't lump all coaches together either.

And by the way CMCKENNA, coaches aren't the only ones that call over the back, I've had more that one official this year make that exact call in a game, even making the frankenstein reach over on the signal.

[Edited by gsf23 on Feb 6th, 2004 at 09:17 AM]