View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 05, 2004, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Mick

Honestly do you it on the fly? I think that is a poor mechanic. I also think that you are really late in acting on the situation if you team B is charging up the court when you whistle the change. If my partner misses a 3 attempt I have a few seconds while the ball is in the air to decide if I need to change the call plus the dead ball time that it takes the new offensive team to take the ball out and put it back in play. This correction needs to be made before the ball is back in play and like I said on a 3 point attempt I think we have lots of time to do this.

As for the mechanic of just changing it on the fly, what if the coaches don't notice you doing it and start complaining that the score is wrong? What if I as your partner don't notice this and think the score has made a mistake? Both of these could lead to a stop in play and a conference.

This is a situation that should not occur very often, but when it does please give your partner the courtesy to talk to him/her and work as a team on the floor. It gives the perception of teamwork and not hierarchy in officals.

JMO.