View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 05, 2004, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

I agree that a whistle is important and not just changing on the fly. BigW I think that as L you should be the last person to blow on this. You are in close-down and I am not sure what type of post action you have but I think if you are patient you might find that T calls the foot of the line, like you said he hit the whistle when you did. If T passes and you are 100 % then blow it and get it right.

But I disagree with not meeting. If you are going to over rule, or change a partner's call I think it is important to talk to that person. It makes us look more like a team on the floor and it shows the coaches we are communicating. This meeting should only be A FEW SECONDS, because we know that if a partner is coming to us he is 100%, but the perception of the quick meeting makes a world of difference. The other way it looks like one ref knows better than the other and he is in control not the calling offical.

Having said all that, getting it right is most important and it sounds like one really had a problem. Just some thoughts for future situations.