View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 05, 2004, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

I suppose if I am asking myself the question, I already know the answer...but I'll ask your opinions anyway.

JV girls game the other night. My player grabs the shirt of a girl on a break away and is called for an intentional foul. I have no problem with the call, rightly justified. The official reports the foul to the table as on "number 41" (it should have been on my #14.) Simple mistake, but one that I wasn't going to correct as #14 was my PG and the 'foul' on #41 would have been just her first.

Our opponent goes to the line and shoots the FT when I hear the horn blowing and the bookkeeper from our visiting opponents...a 16 year old girl...motioning for the officials to come to the table. She procedes to tell the official who the foul should have been on. At this point I asked the official to "please not let a 16 year old high school student dictate how you will call your game." He then came over to me and quietly stated she may be right but he is not sure and "who do you want the foul on?" I then said "if you are asking me, I'll take who you reported."

The game proceded with no problem with the exception that maybe I had done something perhaps a bit unethical. What do you think?

Regards,
Coachgrd