Thread: New Ref
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2004, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

First of all, great to have you here on the discussion forum and in the officiating family. I will somewhat echo what others have said with this:
*Work hard to get better and do things properly each time out, regardless of what level the game is. You don't want to do develop bad habits. You will probably not know all of the 'right' things to do right away, so try to seek out those who do know and then add those good habits to your game.
*officiating is so complex and multi-faceted, so you really can't fix everything in one game, nor can do everything perfectly in a given game, so be patient and stay focused on improving.
*Mistakes will surely happen, but try not to get discouraged-simply learn from them
*I was told when I first started to listen to the advice that others give you respectfully and take what you can use and incorporate into your game, humbly and respectfully entertain that which is not good for your game, and work to educate yourself. This forum is a great place to do that. If you have a situation come up that you dont understand, come here and bounce it off these folks. This stuff is in our blood, so we love to talk about it and we get to help others out in the process.

Good luck!