View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2004, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Last night, in the JV game of a double-bubble, the 6-3 center had his 5th (shooting foul) called for an AT&T slight touch by one of my partners.

The kid had been chatty all night.
  • He came to me complaining of a 3-second violation and I questioned/explained that the ball must be in the front court.
  • He came to me asking for an over-the-back and I questioned/explained to him that there has to be contact for a foul to be called.

I rotated from Center to Trail for the shots. Table said, "5!". I told his coach. A partner then told the player.

6-3 walks past me and maybe thinking that he and I had developed a rapport, he looks at me and said, "That was [S-word]!" I think he figgered that he was out of the game so why not?

I whacked him. Then, I went to his very controlled, very polite, very quiet coach and explained to him that he had just lost his coaching box. The coach sighed, looked around, moved 6-3 down to the far end of the bench and took 6-3's chair.

mick

• This is the exact reason I don't like the way the rule is now written. You had a perfectly good coach lose the box because one of his players ran his trap. I know that that is how the Fed wants it, but it illustrates the problem with it also.