View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2004, 12:11am
Official Forum Member

Angry

The craziest thing happened to me in the same game that I posted Help! We tossed the head coach of the home team three minutes into the game. In the third or fourth quarter, I don't remember which, one of the home team players went to the floor while trying to get a rebound. The player stayed on the floor for a few seconds and it appeared to me as T that he was looking for a foul call. The V player got the ball turned to pivot and go up for a shot. When he pivoted, he stepped on the player on the floor in the lower regions. I stopped play and gave him a "little breather" and it appeared that he would be able to continue playing. Well he had to come out of the game after all. A few minutes later he was back in the game and finished the game.
Now here is the fun part. We didn't give this another thought until we got a call from the police chief this morning. He wanted to question me about the "assault" that happened in the game last night. I said, "what assault?" He said one of the parents was claiming that her son was "stomped on, and now has a damaged testicle." She was filing charges. I said that I didn't believe that there was any "stomping", but to call my partner who was the L and was closer to the play. He told what happened that it was indeed an accident. We then decided to file a report with the state high school league on the injury.
Has anyone else had a similar incident and did we do everything we need to do to cover our butts?