View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 03, 2004, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

My pet peeves!

These comments from coaches will cause me concern when I hear them from a coach:

1. Three seconds, foul, traveling, three seconds, foul, traveling.

2. Counting fouls

3. They are ____ us everytime down the court.

The more a coach complains the less credibility he has. I will listen to occasional comments from coaches but constant banter I will address early and if a coach doesn't take care of his problem I will do what I have to and take care of it for him. If I don't take care of it early it is becoming more of my fault and not just the coaches. I will not tolerate a play by play of my referreeing. If I have to talk to a coach I will tell him that I will work with him if he works with me. It it not a one way street. If a coach doesn't say much when he does make a comment you can bet I will listen and will be checking it out the next time down the floor. Constant chatter tells me that he is biased and he will quickly lose his credibility. Generally the coaches in our area are very good to work with and if you are going to have trouble it will be with a younger coach who is still trying to find himself in a very difficult profession.