View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 02, 2004, 04:35pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by The whistle
I was at a High School game and saw this play. I think the Officials missed the call but I would like verification.
Player A1 dribbles into the frontcourt to the freethrow line. A1 misfires a pass back towards the midcourt line and A2 jumps from the frontcourt grabbing the ball and tries to pass it back to A1 while A2 is still in midair on the frontcourt side of the midcourt line. B1 jumps up from A2's frontcourt and blocks the pass intended for A1 who is still in his frontcourt. The ball lands in A2's hands while A2 is standing in his BACKCOURT and catches the ball and passes to A1 who is still in his frontcourt.
I believe this is over-and-back but it wasn't called. What is the correct call? I say that Team A never lost possession in their frontcourt and A2 was in a backcourt violation position when his passed was blocked back to him by B1. There wasn't any reaction from either Coach when that play happened so maybe everyone missed it or I am incorrect.
The whistle,
The ball was last touched by B1 in the frontcourt.
The ball gained backcourt, not frontcourt, status when it touched A2 in the backcourt.
Good call.
mick