View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 02, 2004, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Smile No brainer

If I hear the "F" word it is automatic and any official in high school basketball that would not address this is contributing to what is wrong with high school sports. I happen to be a classroom teacher and will not tolerate this behavior in my classroom, hallway or at any high school event and anyone involved with a high school activity that is not inforcing this rule should not be officiating at this level. You are not gaining any respect from the kids if you are overlooking this and they see you as weak and lacking authority if you do not call the offender on this issue. If you don't get backing from a coach because you T'd the "F" word then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because he is not worth the time!! We do not have to apologize to anyone for expecting a little sportmanship. Someone on an earlier post said something about having to explain a "F" that only you heard to an evaluator, well if he doesn't accept your explanation then you need a new evaluator. Stand your ground because it is the right thing to do!!!