View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 02, 2001, 01:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Patrick Szalapski
Re: head height

Quote:
Originally posted by PAblue87
Thank You very much for the excellent information. I will definately start practicing at home. Just another quick question. I feel more cofortable and see the zone better when I am in the slot and my feet are just slightly pointed toward the second baseman(or where he is normally positioned). Should I keep my head straight at the pitcher or slightly toward 2nd? Thanks Again.

Also, how wide apart should my feet be? Is wider better?
To have your body in a heel-toe stance is how almost everyone teaches it. That is, on a right-handed batter, if you draw a line through your left heel and your right toe, it should be parallel to the pitcher's plate.

Someone told me once that it is an advantage to square your head up with your body in this manner and, if your eyeballs point straight ahead, look at F4 or to the left of him a bit. Then, move your EYEBALLS ONLY when following the pitch. This way, you will be looking square at the zone when the pitch comes in.

That's seemed to work for me, but there are two important details:

- Don't turn your head to the right of the pitcher too much! You could get an earful of foul ball.

- Don't move your head, merely track the ball with your eyeballs.

Again, none of the above is mine originally, just what has been directly taught to me and it seems to work.

P-Sz