Old Sat Jan 31, 2004, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
I have seen a girls team work this play a couple times and it worked. Team A has a throwin on the baseline in their front court. Official hands the ball to A1 for the trowin. A2(who is near the FT line on the far elbow) says to A1 " let me throw in the ball, I'll throw it in", and A2 starts walking slowly toward A1, the def always relaxes and it results in a easy layup.
Plays of this type are illegal in football (making the defense think there's a problem and the play isn't going to be run).

I wish they would come out with clear language in basketball as well.
There's one football play that I loved...

Standard set. QB starts the count then steps out and starts to the sideline as if he were going to call timeout. When he gets about 1/2 way to the sideline, the center direct snaps the ball the RB who picks up a pretty nice gain. The QB only has to be careful to be moving laterally and not draw an illegal procedure penalty.
Camron, that play is only legal if there's no vebiage designed to fool the defense. For example, if a coach were to yell 'Call a timeout!" and then the QB headed to the sideline as if he were going for a TO, it's being unsportsmanlike conduct before the snap.