View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 31, 2004, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. I was reading this thread and getting confused. On one hand I'm reading that the player says FU with his back turned after a call against him and on the next I'm hearing that we should take the player aside and tell him not to do that!!!
All you new officials out there, THIS IS WHAT A FLAGRANT T IS. Don't get confused by the talk about swearing under your breath after a missed shot or bad pass. That's not what we're talking about here. Clay the only mistake you made was not tossing the kid in the first place. Then if the coach questions you he's an idiot. If he continues to be an idiot T him up and tell him to sit down for the rest of the game.
I'm kind of ticked off about this subject because of some of the things that are going on out on the court that are being let go. Also, I'm ticked off because all my games got cancelled this week due to the cold weather (-41 without the wind chill yesterday morning). Sorry for the ranting, but this call is very black and white and not subject to interpretation. If you wear the stripes, you have to make the call.