View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 30, 2004, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by MN 3 Sport Ref
PS 2, Dan, rut,

... but you are telling me you would not T a kid that turns to you and says F**K YOU after a call?
I never said that.

Quote:
Is it because we are not punishing this that our dignity as officials continues to come under increasing attack???
What I do here on the east coast has no bearing on what you do out there in MN. I do not depend on your actions on the court to uphold my own dignity.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you said Dan. In fact I think most all of us are nearly on the same page when it comes to what we will and will not accept out on the court. I was trying to get us to look at the bigger picture and unfortunately you and Rut seemed to think that I was personally attacking you. That was not the case. All I was attempting to state is that NATION WIDE sportsmanship has deteriorated in ALL levels of basketball noticably over the past few years. I am not saying that is any one of us or all of our faults. Maybe it is the system, the FED, or NCAA that tells us not to condone this behavior yet behind closed doors we are told to "let a certain amount slide". Officiating is the only avocation (for most of us) in which it is acceptable to in sopme cases be berated by fans, players, and coaches. IMO the system needs to do something to clean this up and create some consistancy on what is to be accepted. Maybe this is wishful thinking but I think each of us in different areas does have some imput on the integrity of others. This IMO is why we see sportsmanship issues trickle all of the way down from the NBA. It just seems to me that our job continually is getting more and more impossible and that frustrates me. Maybe it is just because I have had 2 games like this already this week and I am off to do another tonight.... My intent was never to accuse anyone of anyhting or attack their integrity.