View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2001, 08:09am
Suppref

Re: Re: here's what I did....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by Suppref

Actually, this in not an intentional foul if you called it flagrant. It is a flagrant personal foul and you should not use the intentional signal. Yes, a flagrant personal foul can be "intentional", but the word "intentional" in that context just describes the intent of the action, not a label for a particular type of foul. There is no approved mechanic to signal a flagrant foul in NF, so you just give the proper foul signal, then inform the scorer and the bench that the foul was flagrant and the player is ejected.

Of course, most of us also make some kind of signal indicating ejection, usually like a baseball umpire throwing a manager out of the game.
Mark, Thanks for the mechanic update. My first reaction to the situation was that he intentional trough the elbow to the head. If this should happen again I'll know not to give the intentional foul signal. Thanks to all who post and reply to this forum. I thought I was a pretty good official who would always work hard t improve every season. With the help of this forum and it's members, I get better every game!!