Thread: Manly girls
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 27, 2004, 05:27pm
Official Forum Member

Vive la difference.

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
The more the world moves towards political correctness, the further it moves away from common sense. I'm surprised this "womyn" coach didn't teach a person-to-person defense. Every time I hear that I want to puke.

It's a general freaking term, people. This coach needs to spend more time coaching and less time taking up causes. Otherwise, let someone else coach who is willing to work hard to better the team.
Mais, non, mon ami. Why, in Franz, they are going to follow up stripping the identities of Muslim girls (you are but zee hunk of protoplasm while you are in the care of the rational State) with removing the etymologically gender laden articles from their associated nouns. Everyone will begin to speak differently at midnight, 2005. Really. Trust me. They don't even know this yet, but it will happen.

Speech evolves toward efficiency. It's easier to say man-to-man than person-to-person. Prolly that has as much to do with what people do as anything. I mean, nobody complains when people refer to girls' balls, right? Be practical and loving, all will work out just fine.