View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

If I was a fan/parent attending a game where a kid had 5 fouls (And team only had 5 players) I would like to see the game continue as 5 vs 5 and I probably wouldn't understand why a referee would object to this.....however if I am the referee in this game there is ABSOLUTELY NO way do I allow a player to remain in the game when he/she has picked up 5 fouls . There is a reason that this player has 5 fouls and I am not going to open myself (Or the other team...even if they agree to let the player remain)) to a situation that could really backfire on me . The only benefit I see to allowing the player to remain is to be a nice guy ( and I normally am) and the negatives far outweigh this . Say the player who had fouled out (Supposedly) fouls again and injures someone ??? Where does the blame lie....you guessed it ! You can certainly be as understanding as possible to all parties involved but under no circumstances should a player who fouled out be allowed to remain . Just one man's opinion....