View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 25, 2004, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Update

Well, three more games late this afternoon.

I had a blast.

7th grade boys, 6th grade boys, and 8th grade girls, all in the same church league as yesterday.

I was fortunate enough to be partnered for all three games with a super nice experienced ref. He could not possibly have been cooler about my lack of experience - really helped me out with just a nod and a point and answering questions at every time out and quarter break.

After the second game (which was a barnburner) he told me I had an "excellent" game and said "nice job" when it was all over.

Fun, fun stuff.

Yesterday I felt like the seventh caller, some guy who won a radio contest and got to ref for a day. Today I actually felt like an official.

I punted a couple, and I still have to work on doing A, then B, then C, instead of right now when I find myself trying to do ABCD all at once.

But I felt 100% better today than yesterday. Thanks for all the encouragement. Can't wait to get out there again.

"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.