Thread: First
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 24, 2004, 07:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TXMATTHEW05
What a day, what a day. I think it had to do with me not stopping at the gas station I ALWAYS stop at on my way to the Saturday morning games.

First four games, uneventful, typical rec basketball. We then get to the 13-15 age division, where things are a little bit more rough. Every Saturday I've had to give a warning for crossing the boundary plane...most of the time they backed off, but about a quarter later, I had the same player cross over. Whack. No arguements from coach or player, though.

Next game, we get off to a bumpy start. Black is fouling like there's no tomorrow. I'm L, and I have a foul with a made basket. As I go to report, B12 takes the ball and slams it against the backboard. Parter comes with a technical on B12. I administer the one shot followed by the T-free throws. A little while later, I'm L on a press, standing at half-court. Foul or violation (can't remember which) is called on B3. Takes the ball and slams it to the ground. Whack.

I have no regrets on them at all. The only thing I really noticed was the difference in these two technical fouls and my very first one. My first one was VERY dramatic, over-theatric, and overdone. These ones were unemotional, calm, and just like any other foul. I'm happy about that.